Here’s a quick list of helpful resources.
For more detailed information (and various worksheets to download) check out the DIY Publishing posts.
Book Publishing Trello board template (all the steps you need with links to help you out)
Book Publishing sites
- KVC Hosting / BlueHost
- Google Domains
- Font Awesome icons – most of the time these are included with your theme.
- Blog Theme – TweakMe v2
- Email Address Encoder
- Naked Social Share
- Site Kit – for Google Analytics
- Tinypng / Smush – image compression to speed up your site
- Novelist – easy way to display books
- WooCommerce / Forms – to let readers or books directly from you
- Defender / iThemes Security
- WP Fastest Cache / WP Optimize / W3 Total Cache
Image Editing (author photo, book graphics, blog images, etc)
Author Profile Links
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch – amazing info on traditional vs. self publishing, contracts, industry info
- Tim Grahl
- Nick Stephenson
- Freelancer’s Survival Guide
- Trademark – search for “trademark” and your state.
- PO Box
- Bank Accounts: CapitalOne360, SoFi Money and Azlo
- Twitter Reporting (to see tweet visibility and interactions)
- Resources for Writers
- Pre-order Campaign
- Self-Promo and Marketing Materials
- Making the Most of Social Networks